Archos 5 Hardware
Some quick references concerning the Archos 5 Hardware
- ARM Cortex-A8 overview: http://www.arm.com/products/CPUs/ARM_Cortex-A8.html
- The Thumb Architechture: http://www.arm.com/products/CPUs/archi-thumb.html
- ARM DSP Instruction Set Extensions: http://www.arm.com/products/CPUs/cpu-arch-DSP.html
- NEON Technology: http://www.arm.com/products/multimedia/neon/index.html
- TrustZone: technology overview and system design
- A very good reference for the instruction set: http://www.keil.com/support/man/docs/armasm/armasm_cjafgdih.htm
- Cortex-A8 Whitepaper: Architecture and Implementation of the ARM Cortex-A8 Microprocessor
- Cortex-A8 Technical Reference Manual and its online version
- ARM Architecture Reference Manual
- ARM and Thumb-2 Instruction Set Quick Reference Card
- ARM DSP Instruction Set Extensions
- TrustZone Security Whitepaper (from google cache)
The screen is a 4.8" 800x480 TFT LCD touch screen, part number LMJ048T001A, made by TPO Displays. The only supplier seems to be INELTEK, but as the product is obsolete they will not sell it anymore. Look on ebay and search "LMJ048T001A" and you can find a replacement part.
Download the datasheet here. NOOOO
The WiFi chip is a MARVELL W8686B14. The datasheet is not available, Marvell makes everybody sign NDAs before allowing access to their extranet.
- TSC2046 Texas Instruments, Touch Screen Controller. Datasheet.
- TPS65023 Texas Instruments, Power Management IC for Li-Ion Powered Systems.
- TPS61032 Texas Instruments, DC/DC Converter.
- WM8985G, Wolfson Microelectronics, Multimedia CODEC with Headphone and Line Out.
- JM20339, JMicron, USB 2.0 to SATA bridge.